One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe
Make it all in one pot — an easy dinner idea kids love!
I love an easy recipe. My kids love a show called Riverdale. Have you ever heard of it? Apparently it’s based on the Archie comics, updated. It was the season 2 premiere a couple of weeks ago. My girls were really excited about it and planned on having friends over to watch the premiere. I know a little about the show because I remember that Dylan Walsh (Luke Perry) is the dad (remember him from the original 90210??).
Since their friends were coming over after school to watch the show and would be around for dinner, I asked my girls if there was something I could make that would go along with the theme of the show. They said in the show there is a diner where the characters have burgers. I thought it might be fun to create something loosely based on burgers and since we love pasta I made this One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta dish.
The nice thing about this recipe is that it is one pot. Even the pasta is cooked in the skillet and the pasta, combined with the hearty hamburger and toppings of lettuce and tomatoes is just like a burger — but better (IMHO)! I didn’t want to add mayo to the mix, so I added a little sour cream and I love the texture it gives with the pasta and lettuce and tomatoes. You might notice the two skillets in the picture below – I made two versions – one without cheese for the non-cheese lovers in the group LOL.
Cook up a skillet of One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta and give it a try! You can add any toppings you want! Here’s the recipe:
One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta – everything is cooked in one pot. Even the pasta is cooked in the skillet and the pasta, combined with the hearty hamburger and toppings of lettuce and tomatoes is just like a burger — but better (IMHO)!
Author: Jennifer Hadfield
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 8-ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ red onion
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock or two cups of water and a chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pound pasta (I used campanelle because I wanted the pasta to be hearty. You could also use rotini or farfalle)
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Heat olive oil and cook ground beef, onions with a little salt and pepper 4-5 minutes until beef is cooked through. I used super lean ground beef so I didn’t need to drain off the fat, but you can drain the fat off if you need to.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken stock, ketchup, garlic and pasta. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat to low and cover. Cook the pasta until it is done. It depends on what type of pasta you use how long you need to cook your mixture. Mine cooked through in about 14 minutes. The pasta soaks up the liquid after it cooks down.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese. Cover for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Then add the toppings and serve!
We ended up having a great time watching the premiere and enjoying our Cheeseburger Pasta. I think it was a hit with the kids! A win for me!! Share it with someone who loves cheeseburgers OR Riverdale OR 90210 LOL!!
Here are a few other EASY dinner ideas we love:
What do YOU love to make for dinner at your house?
Share YOUR ideas with us!!
Have a yummy day!
Powered by WPeMatico